The cavernotome has a simple, yet ingenious design, which helps the surgeon control the cutting and shaving action of the dilator within the confines of the corpora. The cavernotome incorporates a 1 mm cutting blade, which rises from a beveled surface within the circumference of the dilator and does not exceed this perimeter, for a precise and controlled cut or shaving action.
Cuts and Shaves Fibrotic Tissue
Peronie’s disease, sickle cell, priapism, prolonged intracavernosal therapy, redos, subcapsular space creation in eroded prosthesis
Improves and Shortens the Dilation Process
Avoids multiple corporatomies
Avoids false passages
Controls the Depth of the Internal Cut by its Design
Represents a significant improvement over existing instruments
Method of UseClick to Expand
- Entry to the fibrotic corpora needs to be accessed by scalpel and extended both proximally and distally to allow entry to the cavernotome
- The working element should be directed laterally initially
- If tissue does not respond to the cutting process the cavernotome can be rotated or moved in an oscillating fashion to create a shaving action that removes fibrotic tissue and at the same time propels the cavernotome forward
- The cavernotomes are used in succession until the desired size is attained
- Can be used in normal corpora for a speedier dilation
- Can be used as a measuring tool
FeaturesClick to Expand
- The cavernotomes are designed of top grade surgical steel
- Cavernotomes can be resterilized
- Velcro case included
Technical AspectsClick to Expand
- The original set consists of 5 cavernotomes with diameters between 6, 7, 9, 11, and 13 mm.
- Length: 23 cm.
- 1 cm long, rounded and tapered head to protect the ends of the corpora.
- The working element is 6 cm long, and starts 1 cm from the tip.
- The height of the blade is 1 mm and does not exceed the circumference of the cavernotome to avoid cutting beyond this perimeter.
- The cavernotomes are graded in centimeters and can be used as a measuring tool.
- A 4 cm flat beveled surface is placed about 7 cm from the cutting element on the same plane as the beveled surface of the blade to let the operator know how the cavernotome is oriented, if the blade is buried and not visible.
- The original cavernotomes were designed for use in both moderately fibrotic corporas as well as virgin implants.
Description: 1 Set
SKU #: 9901
Original Set: $2499*
Shipping, Insurance: $50
*14mm size available for an additional $435
Leasing options are available at the price of $435/set per procedure plus shipping.
Product Request Form