The cavernotome has a simple, yet ingenious design, which helps the surgeon control the cutting and shaving action of the dilator within the confines of the corpora. The cavernotome incorporates a 1 mm cutting blade, which rises from a beveled surface within the circumference of the dilator and does not exceed this perimeter, for a precise and controlled cut or shaving action.
Cuts and Shaves Fibrotic Tissue
Peronie’s disease, sickle cell, priapism, prolonged intracavernosal therapy, redos, subcapsular space creation in eroded prosthesis
Improves and Shortens the Dilation Process
Avoids multiple corporatomies
Avoids false passages
Controls the Depth of the Internal Cut by its Design
Represents a significant improvement over existing instruments
Method of UseClick to Expand
- Entry to the fibrotic corpora needs to be accessed by scalpel and extended both proximally and distally to allow entry to the cavernotome
- The working element should be directed laterally initially
- If tissue does not respond to the cutting process the cavernotome can be rotated or moved in an oscillating fashion to create a shaving action that removes fibrotic tissue and at the same time propels the cavernotome forward
- The cavernotomes are used in succession until the desired size is attained
- Can be used in normal corpora for a speedier dilation
- Can be used as a measuring tool
FeaturesClick to Expand
Technical AspectsClick to Expand
- The set consists of 5 cavernotomes with diameters between 6 and 10 mm sequentially.
- Length: 23 cm.
- The working element is 5.5 cm long and the blade is advanced to within 0.5 cm of the tip.
- The height of the blade starts at 1 mm for the 6, 7, and 8 mm cavernotomes and increases to 1.5 mm for the 9 and the 10 mm dilators. The blades do not rise above the circumference of the cavernotomes.
- The cavernotomes are graded in cm and can be used as measuring tools.
- The Advanced System Cavernotomes are designed at the request of physicians who work with more challenging cases of fibrotic corpora.
Description: 1 Set
SKU #: 9905
Advanced System Set: $2399
Shipping, Insurance: $50
Leasing options are available at the price of $435/set per procedure plus shipping
Product Request Form